As you age, your teeth can age right along with you. Their defenses begin to wear down and the hazards of everyday life eventually begin to take their toll. That’s why it becomes more important than ever to practice certain easy oral health habits. Here are few tips to consider to keep your mouth going strong:
– Remember to attend your professional cleanings twice per year with Dr. Indra Quagliata. If you have any other issues with your teeth, take care of them at IQ Family & Cosmetic Dentistry as soon as possible.
– Always floss your teeth at least one time per day – preferably in the evening. Be sure to clean all areas between every tooth, including the back teeth. The best type of floss is typically shred-resistant. If it’s difficult for you to floss the regular way, consider using floss picks or a water flosser instead.
– Always brush your teeth at least twice per day for at least two minutes. If manual brushing proves too difficult for you, switch to brushing with an electric brush.
– Avoid hard and tough foods as these can easily chip and crack any of your more fragile teeth.
– All teeth should be cleaned, whether artificial or real. Please soak your dentures in a cleaning solution each night.
– Bad habits like chewing tobacco, smoking, and drugs can all have serious consequences on your oral health. As you age, their effects only worsen. Do your best to quit, and remember that you are capable of more than you may believe.
– Always brush your teeth with a soft-bristled toothbrush to protect your tooth enamel.
Your oral health can be treated with the help of Dr. Indra Quagliata and her amazing staff at IQ Family & Cosmetic Dentistry. To book an appointment at our dentist office in Rochester, New York, please contact us at 585-475-0140. Save your smile with our help today!