On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the best, how would you rank your oral health care hygiene habits such as brushing and flossing daily? Now, on a scale of 1-10 how would you rank your oral health care physical habits such as using safety devices or mouth protectors in times of high-risk? The chances are you brush and floss far more than you sport a mouthpiece or avoid a potentially risky situation.
IQ Family & Cosmetic Dentistry wants you to practice discretion for your oral health in all aspects of your life. Are you keeping your teeth and gums safe? These five pitfalls can put your smile at risk:
– Bruxism, which is a condition where you subconsciously grind your teeth, can slowly wear down your teeth over time. IQ Family & Cosmetic Dentistry can offer treatment plans for bruxism.
– If you partake any sports or practice any extreme stunts, always make sure to wear a mouth guard or facemask. A single blow to the head can easily knock out multiple teeth or break your jaw.
– Do not open anything with the use of your mouth. This is an easy way to give yourself an oral injury and put your teeth and gums in danger.
– Biting on your nails could potentially chip or crack your teeth, not to mention the added risk of all sorts of dangerous bacteria and germs being introduced to your mouth.
– Tongue piercings may seem fashionable and cool for many but a single wrong move could mean disaster for your lips, teeth, and gums. Metal fragments can break loose and become choking risks or chip and crack your teeth.
If you need to schedule an appointment with Dr. Indra Quagliata at our office in Rochester, New York, please call us at 585-475-0140. We would love to help you with all your oral health care desires!